Brett L. Scott
Gilbert, AZ 85296
480-463-4628 · [email protected]
Qualifications for Systems Analysis & Development/Product Management
Consummate software, cybersecurity, and systems professional offering over twenty years of professional experience in all aspects of programming and development. Possesses both business and technical knowledge allowing for effective strategic planning, project direction, and consistent goal attainment. Exhibits extensive experience in commercial software development and in a wide range of industries. Dedicated, determined, and demonstrates exceptional technical abilities.
Areas of Specialization
Cyber Security · Budget Preparation · Customer Service · Operations Management
Process Improvement · Product Development · Research & Development
Start-Up Operations · Change Management · Communication
Languages Python, PHP, Bash Scripting, Visual Basic 3.0 to 6.0, ASP, SQL, .Net, TCP/IP, Windows Sockets, Visual InterDev 1.0 to 6.0, RealBasic, ActionScript
API Win32 (Win 95/NT/2000/XP), Win16, MS Transaction Server, Coda Financials, Onyx Customer Center, MS Site Server, TCP/IP, Xerox’s Documentum, Oracle Objects for OLE, MSMQ, MQ Series,DCOM and Windows Sockets, EPP protocol
Commercial ASP Scripts, Class Modules, ActiveX Controls, and BAS modules; SoftBots,
Software ANSI X.12 Parsing Library, utilities for data mapping, SMTP mailing agents,
& Code Base TCP/IP monitoring and crawling modules, OLE-based web server, EDI servers, SMDR Parsing and Processing Modules, Encryption and Authentication modules, Data Migration and Proliferation tools, On-Line Education Systems, Personal Information Managers, Time Card Systems, Intelligent Agents, Key Generators, E-Mail/News Servers/Crawlers and multiple ASP functions; Content Management Systems
Operating & Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, Kali,, Windows Servers 2000-2012, XP (NT 3.50, 3.51, 4.0, 5.0)/ME/95/98/3.1/3.11, UNIX, DOS, BeeOS, NextOS, PowerPC
Network Systems PowerPC, Novel (2.12/3.0/3.11/3.12/4.0), LINUX especially Ubuntu, SunOS, Free BSD, BSDI
Database MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, Access, dBase, Paradox, FoxPro, DB2, Flat Structures.
Contributions in Information Technology
- Assisted the Vice President of Research of Pentawave, MPI in the review and enhancement of an online job brokering system including a review of the data schema, technologies, and methodologies utilized; completed a totally functional “Job Seeker” in less than 45 days.
- Collaborated with project managers at Epic Solutions to modify their security system, eliminate bugs in the existing software, and to create various PL/SQL functions, procedures, and triggers for an Oracle 7.3 database.
- Modularized the functionality of commercial products for Computer Guidance Corporation and created a series of ActiveX controls to handle core system functions.
System Design & Creation
- Authored several systems that had a global rollout of 500 to 8,000 users (over 450K users served).
- Applied EDI and analytical skills to generate a prototype billing system functional under the new deregulation rules for the Salt River Project.
- Created a network system to monitor, track, and report problems to accurately detect and diagnose problems for American Express.
- Reported directly to the Vice President of Six Sigma Qualtec, Inc. in designing 6.Net, an expert system serving as a vertical portal operating as an ASP service and utilized by some of the world’s largest companies to enhance performance, reduce costs, provide accountability, and act as a publishing platform for local project managers.
- Mentored a team of ten for Intel to create a groupware tool used in automating the planning and metrification of the computer chip manufacturing process; this suite is currently utilized by all planning groups worldwide.
- Developed a prison management software package for the governments of Australia and New Zealand.
Selected Career History
|Consultant / Analyst / Developer||Phoenix Capital||2003 – 2016|
|Business Process Analyst / Architect||Wells Fargo||2003|
|Product Manager / ProgrammerConsultant / Lean Analyst / Technical Trainer
GUI Interface Specialist / Programmer
|Analyst/Architect/Consultant/Programmer||Six Sigma Qualtec, Inc.||1999-2001|
|Team Lead/Consultant||Epic Solutions||1998|
|Team Lead/Product Manager||Computer Guidance Corporation||1998|
|Team Lead/Consultant||Salt River Project||1998|
|Programmer/Consultant/Team Lead||Franchise Finance Corporation of America||1997|
Coursework, Philosophy/Anthropology, University of Arizona
Leadership Institute 2 certifications
Arizona State University Technopolis – LaunchPad
FastTrac New Venture
Graduate Gilbert Leadership Class 15